I am pleased to announce that DDD Melbourne 4 voting is now open so head over to www.dddmelbourne.com and let us know which sessions you want to see!
This will be the 4th year we have held DDD Melbourne. The conference has grown quickly with just under 250 delegates attending last year and we expect to have even more this year with the addition of an extra track. I found it interesting this year that we had sponsors coming to us rather than us chasing various companies for support which was a good sign that our reach was expanding.
Although I am biased I think we now have one of (if not the) best development conferences in Australia – especially for the tiny sum of $25 which includes catering throughout the day!
This year we had 48 session submissions in a wide range of subjects offering great choice for attendees – I am excited to see which sessions get selected once the voting results are in next week.
We have made a few changes to the format this year:
- New keynote – Joe Albahari author of LINQPad and C# 5 in a nutshell will be telling us all about programming over space and time
- Better quality catering – catering is our most expensive item and this wouldn’t have been possible without the support from our generous sponsors
- Improved web site – yes I know there are a few things that could be improved especially around the voting page but we all have day jobs & we accept pull requests 🙂
- No lock note – everyone wants to get down the pub/home & who are we to get in the way?
- Improved registration process on the day
I would like to thank my co-coordinators Lars Klint and Mahesh Krishnan and especially the gold sponsor’s Kiandra, Infragistics, Readify and 99 designs for without these guys we wouldn’t be able to put on such a great conference.
We will be opening booking next week – hope to see you there.